Friday 5 December 2014

Charlotte's Makeup Design, Final Images and Evaluation

Charlotte's Make-Up Design

Charlotte wasn't sure what she wanted her makeup design to look like because she had come up with an idea, but then spoke with Sharon who advised that she developed it further. This made her feel under confident with her ideas, but we talked her ideas through and soon chose what her final makeup design would look like. She showed me step by step how to achieve the look she was after and every time we practiced it we made improvements. She gave me a list of all the equipment I needed and gave me any extras.

Charlotte and I turned up to the assessment with plenty of time to talk through anything we needed to and we both felt prepared. She gave me step by step instructions and a face chart to stick up on my mirror. I set up my work space neatly and kept it organised throughout the assessment. I wore a makeup brushes belt which I found very helpful because there was more room for my makeup and they were easily accessible. I am really happy with how the makeup looked. I think the skin looks flawless, apart from a couple of bumps shown up by the lighting. I am happy with the contouring as my partner said she wanted it to look quite subtle and soft. I like how the blush doesn't look obvious, but that it warmed up the face and gave her some healthy looking colour. I found it difficult to get the contouring around the inner eye sockets even and I still don't think they are perfectly even, but I am happy with it. I am happy with the eye makeup because both sides are even and there are no harsh lines. I really like how the eyelashes stand out and how close to the lash line the black colour is. I would have liked the lip colour to be a bit more rosy to match the cheeks, but I am happy with the outline and how even the product was applied. If I did the shoot again, I would have made sure her bra strap was not showing and I would have made sure both sides of the top were even. I like how the hair has been crimped and as it adds to the Elizabethan styling. 



No comments:

Post a Comment