Tuesday 28 October 2014

Carina Buckley Analytical Review, The Danger Dress

When I was first told I had to write a review on this blog I was a little concerned because the blogger had given us hardly any information or idea of what her thoughts were or why she had named the post 'where have all the surfing cowgirls gone'. I do follow some fashion bloggers who inspire me with my outfits and makeup looks, but they always tell me about why they think the outfit works and where everything is from, so this was very different to what I was used to. I have taken some photographs from the blog post and I will try to come up with a concept for the photo shoot in relation to the blog post's name.




When I looked at the title of this blog post it confused me straight away and without an explanation of why it was called 'where have all the surfing cowboys gone'. The post shows photos of a teenage girl wearing a white mini dress and white slip-ons leaning and posing against a blue wall. I really like the lighting in the last image with the sunlight creating rainbows, but without any explanation it all seems a waste. Below is a paragraph that I would write if I had uploaded these images to help explain what I could have been thinking if these were mine.

My Blog Post

Hi guys! So today I have come up with an all white outfit that I think is perfect for a hot summer's day with the girls and I think it would be great for getting your crush's attention!

I was walking round Venice Blvd and I found this really fun looking wall with the words 'SURFING COWBOYS' on it. I thought it was the perfect place to shoot my next blog post as the bright colours of the background would contrast with my all white outfit. I was thinking how amazing it would be if a guy could surf and also ride horses which are two of my favourite hobbies! I was wondering to myself if a guy could ever be both so I thought it would be perfect to name my blog 'where have all the surfing cowboys gone' as I would love to find my own some day! Or at least one or the other!

I have always thought that wearing an all white outfit was quite risky as it isn't the most flattering colour! So I wanted to show my confidence by putting together an outfit to win that perfect guy over. Wearing all white can be very tricky to get right, but I think this simple white dress, from Missguided.com works really well. I really like how the dress has an almost sporty feel, with the tight shirt sleeves and skort looking skirt. I really like that it shows off my legs but doesn't show off any boobs, because remember girls, it'e one or the other! I paired the dress with some white slip-ons, Harajuku, to add to the sporty look. You could easily dress this outfit up with white, strappy heels and a gold or silver clutch, or dress it down even more by adding a hoodie round the waist. I love that this outfit is very comfortable but still edgy, and it doesn't look like you tried to hard!

If you do end up wearing this outfit or an outfit similar then definitely tag me in your pictures on Instagram or Facebook and I will check them out! Thank you so much for checking out my page and I can't wait to see you in the next one!

Becky
xx


Source:
http://fashiontoast.com/2013/11/where-have-all-the-surfing-cowboys-gone/

No comments:

Post a Comment