Thursday 2 October 2014

Induction Week

Faces out of Paper Bags

Our first creative task was to make faces, out of paper bags, that we thought represented ourselves. I was a bit intimidated to start with because I hadn't done anything so abstract in such a long time, but as the time went on I soon began to let go and just draw without thinking too much into it. I stuck different materials onto my mask to give it some texture and to make it look more 3D. I am really pleased with how my mask came out; however I think if I were to do it again, I would have added more colour and made it more abstract to represent my goals and interests, instead of making it actually look like me. I took some photos of me wearing the mask in public and in the studio; below are the images. I definitely got some interesting looks! 





Hero Products

A group of us asked very well-known brands, such as MAC and Bobbi Brown, what their best selling products were and below are the outcomes!
Bobbi Brown's hero product is their Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner.

Mac's hero product is their matte lipstick in Ruby Woo.

Smash Box's hero product is their Photo Finish Primer.

Benefit's hero product is their mascara called They're Real.

Laura Mercier's hero products are their Secret Camouflage Concealer, Foundation Primer and their Tinted Moisturiser. 

The Selfie Challenge

I took some selfies in places that I thought would be useful to me in upcoming shoots. It was a good opportunity for me to explore more of Southampton and I will definitely keep some of these locations in mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment