Thursday 23 October 2014

My Monochrome look

For my monochrome makeup look I chose the colour pink. I decided I wanted to do an abstract, contoured look, only using different shades of pink!

Equipment:
- White super colour
- Pink super colour
- Foundation brush
- Translucent powder
- Powder puff
- Dark pink blush
- Blush brush
- Red blush
- Small flat brush
- Small angled brush
- Red lip mix
After pink base had been applied. 

Showing stage 3.

Final look, front view.

Final look, side view.

Step by step:
1. I first applied a mixture of the white and pink super colours as the base all over the face and slightly down the neck. I used a foundation brush for the application.
2. I next powdered the whole face with a powder puff and some loose translucent powder.
3. I then took a dark pink powder on a brush brush and started to contour the model's face. I applied the darker colour under the cheek bones, on the temples, under the chin, down both sides and under the nose and under the bottom lip.
4. I then decided this contour wasn't dark enough, so I used a red powder and made the contour more dramatic.
4. I next brought the red contour into the eye crease and extended it to join the temple contour.
5. I added just a hint of red through the eyebrows to draw them into the look.
6. I applied the red lip mix with a small angled brush to the lips to complete the look.

I am happy with the look and I think it helped me develop my contouring skills. If I were to do this look again, I would have used my foundation brush to clean up under the cheek contour to give a stronger, more harsh look. I would have also tried to make the angle of the cheek contour and the angle of the line extended from the eye, parallel with each other. I would consider making the base a bit lighter, by adding more white, to make the contouring look more dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment