Thursday 2 October 2014

Our Mood boards

Over the summer we were set a task of creating a mood board to visualise who and what we'd like to be in 5 years time. We were given questions to answer and display on our mood boards. My mood board is show below..

My Mood Board



What amazing job do you dream of having?
-I would love to work with big shows such as Strictly Come Dancing and The X Factor! You can make the looks very creative or very glamorous or very minimalist; each look would never be the same. I also think it would be an amazing experience to work on a live show because everyone backstage would be buzzing and excited and I think the energy from everyone would be stressful but so electric!

-Another show I would love to work with would be Coronation Street. There would be so much variety in the makeup looks created, from a nature everyday look to someone all bruised up. I have never worked with prosthetics before but would be very excited to learn how to create the bruising and cuts and burns that would be needed. Coronation Street is a childhood and family favourite, so that also might have something to do with it..

-Having my own makeup brand is another aspiration for me! It would be amazing to be able to come up with new ideas and be able to see them come to life! I am always searching for the 'perfect' lipstick shade and the 'perfect' foundation, so I would love to be able to experiment with textures and colours to come up with my perfect products!

What type of person would you like to be?
Confident, focused, passionate, strong, loyal, independent, inspirational, professional, but most importantly, happy!

What would you like to look like?
I created a collage in the bottom, righthand corner of the kind of things I really like fashion wise, as well as makeup looks and hair looks. I would like to be glamorous, but edgy and as you can probably tell.. laced up shoes are my favourite!

Who do you want to work with?
-In the future want to work with the photographer, Rankin. His work inspires me to need limit myself and to be abstract. Below, would be one of my favourite images; it is so striking, powerful and almost alien like. I am very passionate about photography and am really looking forward to being able to do my own shoots and makeup looks!

-Makeup artist, Julia Carta, would be another artist I would love to work with. She has worked in the beauty industry for over 15 years and has been the official makeup artist on every series of the X Factor! She is Simon Cowell's personal makeup artist and has also worked with famous faces such as Keira Knightley, Sienne Miller and Miranda Kerr.

-Other makeup artists that would be amazing to work with would be Elizabeth Armistead (Makeup artist for Coronation Street), Cat Crawford (makeup artist for This Morning), Lisa Armstrong (makeup artist for Strictly Come Dancing) and Lisa Eldridge. It would also be amazing to work with the Chapman sister! They have their own makeup and brush brand, RealTechniques, which inspires me to have my own! I also love that they have been able to work as sisters as my sister and I both love makeup and it would be a real dream of ours to be able to work together doing what we love!

Exploring other people's mood boards

We got into groups and discussed and explained our mood boards to each other. I found it really interesting that even though we are all doing the same course, we all want different outcomes. Some people were more into the written elements, whereas some were more into the business side and some were into more prosthetics. I also found it very interesting to see what backgrounds we had all come from. I did photography at A-level and have done some short makeup courses, whereas some people came from fine art or hairdressing, some had worked on makeup counters with lots of experience, and some has no makeup experience at all! I love that we will be able to learn so much from each other and help each other to achieve our individual goals!

This is Becky Gould. She would love to go traveling after finishing her degree with at least a 2:1. She wants to start by assisting a top makeup artist and then go on to freelance and work on films and TV shows.

This is Anna Field. She wants to do a masters after her degree in photography. She wants to travel around the world being a freelance makeup artist. She wants to work on shows such as Britain and Irelands Next Top Model and also London Fashion Week. She is thinking of starting up her career by working at MAC.

This is Madi Cotton. She put a lot of emphasis on being happy within her career. She wants to work with Chanel and Vogue and Alexander MQueen. She also wants to go into journalism and write beauty articles in magazines.

This is Heidi Lloyd. She wants to work in films and is excited to learn how to do prosthetics such as cheek implants and hair padding. She would love to work with model, Cara Delevingne. Pat McGrath is her main inspiration for makeup and she is also inspired by the fashion photographer, Karl Lagerfeld.

No comments:

Post a Comment