Saturday 4 October 2014

How to: Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise

It is very important that your clients face is clean and clear of any make-up. This helps the make-up apply more smoothly and it means that you aren't having to work around the makeup that is already on their face.

Equipment:
-Cotton pads
-Cotton buds
-Cleanser of choice
-Toner of choice
-Moisturiser of choice
-Hair clips
-Cape
_Tissues (if working with boys)

Step by Step Tutorial

Step 1: Remove any hair off the model's face using clips and apply gown.
Step 2: Tell the model that you are going to wash your hands, and do so.
Step 3: Apply the cleanser to a cotton pad, or as many as needed.
Step 4: Stand behind the model and have one cotton pad in each hand.
Step 5: Apply the cleanser in upwards strokes to remove any face makeup.
Step 6: Apply the cleanser, still using the cotton pads, around the eyes in circular motions. Be very gentle.
Step 7: Remove any excess eye makeup with cotton buds, with cleanser on them, and trace around the eyes.
Step 8: If the eye makeup is stubborn, then maybe ask client to remove it themselves, as they can add more pressure.
Step 9: Once all the model's makeup is removed, apply some toner onto a couple of cotton pads.
Step 10: Apply the toner as you applied the cleanser, with upwards strokes.
Step 11: Using a pea sized amount, massage the moisturiser into the face, again using upward strokes.
Before cleansing, toning or moisturising. 
After cleansing, toning and moisturising.
 I found this process harder than I thought I would from the demonstration. The fact that I was working upside down took some getting used to and also I had to judge my movements and the positioning of my hands in the mirror. I found it very difficult to get the makeup off around the eyes, as my model was wearing eyeliner and waterproof mascara. I was using cotton bud after cotton bud, but I could not remove the eye makeup. Next time I do this, I will test out some different cleansers for around the eyes specifically for waterproof mascara. I will also cleanse the eyes more thoroughly to remove any excess eye makeup. I found the model's face make-up came off easily and quickly with the cream cleanser provided. I will definitely be practising this process more so that I improve and get faster at it.

Close-up of the skin and eyes after cleansing. There is still some black eyeliner around the eyes.
My model found that the cleanser used made her eyes sting, so I found a different eye cleanser to use on her the next time. I purchased some Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Make-up Remover, as I have used this for a while now and I think it removes the eye makeup off without a greasy feel and it doesn't make my eyes sting! 
Garnier Eye Make-up Cleanser.



No comments:

Post a Comment