Monday 13 October 2014

Subtle Contouring

Equipment: 
-Concealer palette
-Small rounded brush
-Translucent powder
-Powder puff
-Powder contour
-Medium rounded brush
-Blush brush
-Highlight powder
-Blush powder

Step by step:
1. First apply the base makeup to the skin, but do not powder (primer, foundation, concealer).
2. Feel where the hollows and high points of the cheeks are, then get a small rounded brush to apply a concealer one to two shades darker than the skin colour to the hollows of the cheeks, under the jaw, on the temples and down both sides of the nose.
3. Blend this work with your fingers and layer if needed.
4. Powder the face with the translucent powder and a powder puff.
(Test with the back of your hand to see if skin still feels sticky and if so, add more powder.)
5. Apply the contouring powder with a medium rounded brush over any areas with a cream contour.
6. Apply some highlighting powder with a blush brush along the tops of the cheek bones, down the bridge of the nose, on the centre of the forehead, on the chin and a little on the cupids bow.
7. Apply some powder blush to the apples of the cheeks and up to the hair line.

Before contouring, only base applied.
Contouring on right side of face only.
Side view of the cheek contouring. 
I am happy with my overall result, I like the colouring of the contour shade and the colour of the highlight, however I may add more blush next time. I would also add more concealer under the eyes to make the face a blank canvas and I will also bring the foundation further down the neck for the same reason. I am really happy with the nose contouring as I think it makes her nose look smaller and I am really pleased with the shape I gave to the cheekbones.

No comments:

Post a Comment