Monday 20 October 2014

How to: Basic Eyes


Equipment:
-Eye shadow palette
-Eye shadow primer
-Cotton pad
-Medium rounded brush
-Loose translucent powder
-Water (for mixing)
-Small angled brush
-Cotton buds
-Disposable mascara wands
-Mascara tube
-Powder puff

Step by step:
1. Hold eye up by pulling slightly above/on eyebrow with a cotton pad.
2. Apply the translucent powder all over the lid with a rounded brush.
3. Apply loads of loose powder under the eye, as close to the lash line as possible, to catch any fall out.
4. Apply the lightest colour all over the lid, with the same rounded brush.
5. Press the medium colour on outer edges and brush into the crease and blend well.
(Press the eyeshadow on the back of hand first to avoid excess fall out.)
6. Build up the colour in the crease and add the darker colour if desired and bring some colour under the lower lash line.
7. Mix the black eyeshadow with a tiny bit of water to create a paste like mixture.
8. Using a small flat brush, on its side, apply the black paste along the lash line, with the eye looking down.
9. (Optional) Apply tape next to the eye to use a guide for eyeliner wing.
(If needed, touch up with a cotton bud.)
10. Wipe the powder under the eyes away with a powder puff.
11. Get some mascara on a disposable wand and apply on top of the lashes first and then under neath to lift them and colour all of the lashes.
12. To clean the brows, sweep a natural colour through them lightly.

Before eye makeup application.
After eye makeup application.
Close-up, with eye open.
Close-up, with eyes closed.
I am happy with the end result, however if I were to do it again I would make the crease a bit darker and I would bring a darker colour along the lower lash line. I was not used to using the rounded brushes as I am used to using fluffier brushes, but I liked the way the brush applied the makeup because I get I had more control over the shape. I really like how the eyeliner looks and I really like how long and separated her eyelashes look.

No comments:

Post a Comment