Monday 27 October 2014

My Sugar Skull Makeup

https://www.makeupgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/sug3.jpg
In class today, we were given 3 sugar skull makeup looks to recreate and I chose this one. I really liked how deep and intense the eyes looked and I thought the blue colour would really bring out my model's blue eyes. When recreating this, I didn't have any sequins which would have been the cherry on top, however I am still really happy with how my look turned out.

My design, front view. 
My design, side view.
If I were to do this look again, I would add shading round the spider's web to make it look more 3D and not so flat looking. I would white the lips out even more and I would bring the cheek colour a little further in so it is more visible from the front. I would work on making the nose a little more even on both sides and I would also obviously have fun with the sequins! I do really like the soft edges of the colour and I am happy with the stitching on the lips. I think the makeup look would have looked more complete it I had extended the colour to the hairline and ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment