Sunday 5 October 2014

Introduction to the Project Brief

Hi, my name is Becky, I am 18 and I am currently in my first year of study at Southampton Solent University, studying BA Hons Hair and Makeup Design.

I am so excited to develop my understanding of makeup application and the designing of makeup looks! I have been watching makeup tutorials on YouTube for as long as I can remember and have therefore picked up many different makeup techniques and ideas. I have also been on a week long course at Illamasqua where I learned so many new things and it really inspired me to want to develop my knowledge of makeup artistry. I studied photography at As and A Level and was inspired by Rankin's work for many of my photo shoots; this meant I had to also do the makeup looks which I really enjoyed! I have no experience in prosthetics but I am definitely looking forward to learning how to work with them! After performing in the West End musical, Billy Elliot, I understand the pressures and time restraints of the makeup and hair artists in theatre, but this hasn't stopped me wanting to pursue my dream of becoming a freelance hair and makeup artist!

Selfie of Me
I am really looking forward to learning how to be more abstract with my work, as I didn't study art at A Level. I am also really excited to learn how to design different makeup looks and then see them come to life! I have a real passion for photography, so I am looking forward to developing my skills; I will also be interested in learning different PhotoShop techniques as I would love to one day be a beauty editor. I am nervous about the written assignments and also the historical side, because I didn't study either at A Level and I am not very confident with either. However, I am determined to become more confident in both these fields.

I am not 100% sure of what I want to get out of this course, career wise, but as of right now, I would like to go into TV and film and also editorial makeup artistry. I love how diverse you can be in both of these. I would also love to be a makeup designer, designing makeup looks for fashion shows and films. Having my own makeup brand is another aspiration of mine! As well as going into careers in makeup, I would also be interested in going into photography and becoming a photographic editor.

If I'm going to be completely honest, I don't know much about the Elizabethan times, apart from that they used to want their skin to be as pale as possible to make them look like they have never had to work outside. I also know that Elizabeth I was very iconic and everyone aspired to look like her. However, I am looking forward to doing lot of research into the Elizabethans to expand my knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment