Tuesday 11 November 2014

Contemporary Elizabethan Practice

In today' s lesson we were asked to practice blocking out eyebrows and then to incorporate that with one of two makeup looks. I chose the image below, with the very pale skin and dark eyes and lips. 

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/10/0f/d
c/100fdced0f4623c443ce6753a4bc6e80.jpg

Front view.

Side view.
I think my eyebrow blocking technique is improving because I think I got the texture of the eyebrows closer to being flat, however I think I could improve on making the eyebrows look the same colour as the skin and also I could make them even flatter against the skin.

To improve the look I think I would take the eyeshadow even higher towards the eyebrow because I think it would have hidden the eyebrows better, and I would blend the edges more to make them look softer. I would also make the lips darker, just like in the makeup look I was using for inspiration. I am happy with the contouring because I think it gives the model very defined looking cheekbones, but I may have brought the colour further towards the mouth. This is definitely not my favourite look that I have done as there are a lot of things I think I could improve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment