Sunday 2 November 2014

Sketching Practice

We learned how to sketch 2D and 3D objects in one of our lessons so that we are able to quickly sketch down makeup and hair designs so that people can visualise them instead of you having to explain them. I was nervous to start drawing because it was never one of my strong points and I knew that others in my class had come from a fine art background and so would fine it a lot easier than me. However I gave it my best shot and am I excited about continuing to improve and develop my stitching skills.

We were first asked to sketch basic lines and 2D shapes.


We then practised sketching 3D shapes and compared the graded degrees of our sketching pencils, to see how soft or hard they were. 



After the lesson we were asked to sketch an object of our choice, so I chose a banana. I was nervous to draw it and found it hard to know where the shadows should go and how to draw them, but I gave it my best shot. I am definitely not completely happy with it and I know I could make some improvements, but I will keep practising to improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment