Wednesday 26 November 2014

Experimenting with My Partner's Design

My partner wasn't completely sure what she wanted her design to look like so we experimented with a different look to the previous one. She gave me the face chart below and talked me through the look step by step. 
Face Chart
Step by step:
1. I first blocked her eyebrows out using a prig stick and layered the glue to make her eyebrows as smooth and flat as possible. I used a spatular to do this. I then smoothed any extra bits of glue round the eyebrow with a cotton bud and water. 


2. I then took some pink/peach coloured concealer and covered the eyebrows with it. I did this to cover the colour of the eyebrows. 


 3. I next used a mixture of the white skin base and foundation number 1 and 6 to get the perfect colour. I made the foundation slightly lighter than her natural colour to make her look more pale. I used a foundation brush to apply the foundation and then buffed it out with a fluffy brush. I used a sponge to pack on the foundation over the eyebrows to concealer the colour. I powdered her face with translucent powder.


4. I used the grey toned bronzer from the bronzer palette to shade round the inner socket and slightly down the nose. I used a small flat brush to get the sharp line and I then blended the colour outwards. I also contoured the cheek bones, under the chin and on the temples with the same grey toned bronzer.


5. I used a smudged some grey eye shadow along the upper and lower lash line, making sure there were no harsh lines.


6. I next added some black eyeshadow very close to the upper and lower lash lines to make the look more intense. I added some pink blush to the cheeks, focusing on the apples and blending it back slightly.


7. I made a lipstick out of the lip palette, using colour LC142, LC008 and LC002, and used this colour for the centre of the lips. I then used the red lip mix for the outer corners.


8. I finally added mascara on the top and bottom lashes to complete the look.


My partner was not happy with how pale the skin looked and so wanted me to next time match the foundation to her natural skin colour. She also didn't like how she looked with her eyebrows blocked out and wanted to use her eyebrows more in the look. She didn't like how harsh the lips looked with the red going into the rosy pink. She was happy with the contouring and blush tho and so said she would keep that into her look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment