Thursday 27 November 2014

My Partner's Final Design: Step by Step

Equipment:
- Skin base in 01
- Foundation palette
- Concealer palette
- Translucent powder
- Disposable mascara wands
- Full brush set
- Contour palette
- Illamasqa blush in Tremble
- Eye shadow palette
- Mascara
- Urban Decay primer potion
- Lip palette

Step by step:
1. I first applied a layer of foundation with my foundation brush. I matched the colour to her natural skin and used a mixture of the white skin base and foundation colours 1 and 5 from the foundation palette. I then used the fluffy brush to buff the foundation into the skin. I made sure that I concentrated more on the problem areas. I also put this colour under the eyes to make it the same colour as the rest of her face. 


2. I next applied some white skin base with my foundation brush along her cheekbones, in the middle of the forehead, down the nose, on the cupids bow and on the chin. I then blended these areas out with the same fluffy brush. I used the translucent powder to powder the whole face, focusing under the eyes and eyelids.
3. I used the grey toned bronzer from the bronzer palette and used it to contour under the cheek bones, on the temples, under the chin and on the inner sockets, not taking it far down the nose. I also added some white eye shadow on the high points of the face, where I applied the white skin base.


4. I brushed through the eyebrows with a disposable mascara wand and then added some Urban Decay primer to the eyelids. I next used a small flat brush to put white eye shadow all over the eyelid and up to the eyebrow. I then added some grey eye shadow in the crease and then some black eyeshadow more precisely in the crease to add more depth. I smudged some of the grey eye shadow along the lower lash line, but only a third of the way in. I added some white eye shadow on the inner corner to brighten.


5. I completed the other eye and then added mascara on the top and bottom lash line, trying to get as close to the lash line as possible. I added some pink blush on the apples of her cheeks and blended it up slightly.


 6. I made the lipstick out of a mixture of LC142, LC008 and LC002, all from the lipstick palette. I used a small angled brush to apply this all over the lips. Then the final look is complete.




I am happy with how the makeup turned out, but I am excited to practice to make it perfect. When I do the look again I will use concealer on parts of the skin where the blemishes are showing through. I have suggested to my partner that she brings in her Mac Prolong wear concealer as it matches her skin tone and is high coverage. I will also practice blending the eyeshadow out because I think it looks a bit blotchy in places. My partner is getting her eyelashes tinted to make them darker so that it will be easier to make the roots of the lashes look dark. I will make the contouring and blush look stronger because I noticed that when I took pictures of my work the makeup looked less intense and I don't want this to happen in front of the camera, especially as it has a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment