Saturday 15 November 2014

Mixing Flour and Water

I have been concerned with the amount of time the fullers earth has been taking to dry and do not think this would work with the limited time that we have in assessment; I therefore thought that I'd try using a different material to create a similar effect. I thought that mixing flour and water would work because it would dry on the face and crack and it is also white which makes it so much easier!

Mixture just applied to the face, still wet.

Mixture drying on face.

Dry mixture with layer of white skin base.
I am really happy with the thick, glopey and cracking texture that is created when I let the flour and water dry and then added the white skin base over the top. I especially love the area around the chin because more cracks have formed and the mixture looks a lot thicker. This mixture didn't take as long as the fullers earth to dry which is great because there will be more time to complete the look in the time given. I also think I prefer the outcome of this rather than the fullers earth because the fullers earth looks more like snake skin, whereas this looks more like bumpy skin. I am really happy with how this has turned out and am excited to see what it looks like when I add the red layer underneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment