Monday 17 November 2014

Layering with Flour and Water

I was really happy with how the flour and water mixture tried quickly on the face and how much I liked the effect it gave! It worked really well when it was on clean skin so I needed to test it out and see if it worked when layered with the red base colour.

I first applied the red super colour onto the face, then I powdered the skin with a red powder. I then layered the mixture of water and flour all over the face until it was at the thickness that I wanted. After the layer dried, I lightly brushed over the mixture with some white skin base to give it a very white look.


I am so happy and excited by the results! They are exactly what I as hoping for! The skin looks thick and white and it is cracked all over which is how I wanted it to look. The red super colour is showing through the cracks, making it looks very painful looking and sore. I wanted this to look like what I think the Elizabethan makeup would have looked like in real life, as opposed to how Elizabeth tried to portray her makeup to look like. I am really happy with these results and I will be using this technique in my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment