Sunday 30 November 2014

My 2nd Practice at Charlotte's Design

This was my second attempt at Charlotte's final design. We went through the look and talked through every step once again so that I knew exactly what I was doing. 

Step by step:
1. I first mixed foundations 1 and 5 and the white skin base to get the right foundation colour to match her skin colour. I put this foundation all over her face with my foundation brush and then buffed it into the skin with a fluffy brush. I brought the foundation colour up under the eyes and on the eyelids so that all the face was one colour. I powdered underneath the eyes and on the eyelids well with a small flat brush. I then powdered the rest of the face with a big fluffy brush. 


2. I then used the grey toned bronzer from the bronzer palette with my contouring brush and contoured under the cheek bones, on the sides of the forehead and under the chin. I went in with some of the grey eyeshadow over these contours to make them more intense later on in the process. 


3. I then took a small flat brush and contoured the inner socket of each eye with the grey toned bronzer (left). I, again, didn't think this was intense enough, so I used the grey eye shadow to make it darker and I much prefer the result (right).


 4. I used a stiff blush brush and applied the pink Illamasqua blush to the apples of the cheeks and blended it up along the cheek bones.


5. I next brushed through the eyebrows with a mascara wand. I applied some eye shadow primer all over both the eye lids and then applied some white eye shadow all over the eyelid and up to the brow bone. I made sure that I packed on the colour on the lid and on the inner corner. 


6. I used a big fluffy brush to put some skin coloured eye shadow into the crease, then I used a smaller fluffy brush to put some grey into the crease. I made sure all the lines were blended and even.


7. I then intensified the grey by adding some black with a smaller blending brush and I brought some of this colour along the lower lash line, making sure to only bring it a third of the way in. I reapplied the white eye shadow in the brow bone to make sure it still looked white and on the lid if needed.


8. I asked my model to apply some mascara  to the top eyelashes and a bit on the bottom. I asked my model to do this because she could get closer to the lash line without making a mess! I also applied some lipstick to her lips with a small angled brush. The lipstick was a mixture of LC142, LC008 and LC002.

Before and After

I am really happy with how this look turned out. I really like how the rosy lips and rosy blush are the same colour because I think it ties the whole look together. I really like how long and full her eyes look because it works with the dark smokey eye in drawing lots of attention to them. I like how I contoured the inner sockets, however I think it would look better if I blended the contour down the nose slightly more, to give a more faded out look. I really like how perfected the skin looks, compared to the before picture, but I think I could have maybe used some more concealer of foundation over her blemishes to give a flawless look. I forgot to put some white skin base on the high points of the face before powdering so I need to make sure I don't forget this step again! I applied some white eye shadow on the high points of the face and my partner liked how it looked, so I will incorporate this into the look. When we were doing the look we thought the the lips looked too baby pink so we agreed we'd add more of the plum colour to make it more of a rosy pink. However after looking at these images we noticed that it looked more rosy in the image, so we decided not to change it, but just to keep an eye on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment