Wednesday 19 November 2014

My Partner's Design

My partner, Charlotte, gave me a face chart of what she wanted the makeup to look like and we worked through creating the look together. She wanted the eyebrows to be blocked out, but unfortunately we did not have the right materials to do this, so we just added white super colour to them instead. Below is how we created the look.

Step by step:

1. I first mixed some foundation with some white skin base to get the right foundation shade. I then mixed some concealers together to get a light and brightening shade and put it under the eyes.
2. I next powdered the face with some translucent powder to set the base and get rid of any shine.
3. I contoured the cheekbones, sides of the forehead, under the chin and also down both sides of the nose with a light contour shade.


4. I put some eyelid primer, Urban Decay Primer Potion, on the eyelids and powdered them well.
5. I put some white eyeshadow, fennel, to the lids and blended it out with a light taupe, white pepper.
6. I next added some grey, caraway, into the crease and blended it up very close to the eyebrows.
7. I added some black eyeshadow, black pepper, to the crease and under the lash line to smoke the look out.
8. I deepened the black with the Urban Decay colour, creep, and took it up high up to the brows and under the lash line.


 9. I added a coat of black mascara to the top and bottom eyelashes.

10. I brushed some white super colour through her eyebrows to lighten them up and give them more of a blocked out effect.
11. I next applied a red lip using the red lip mix by Mac.

12. I finally added some jewels onto the centre of the lips with some eyelash glue.

The Final Look


My partner was happy with how the design came out and she said that this is how she envisioned it to look. It was a shame that we didn't get to block out her eyebrows, but I will make sure we do next time. I am happy with how blended the eyeshadow looks and I like the shape. I found it difficult to get right up to the lash line to cover up her fair eyelashes without getting mascara on the eyelid, but when I did I just wiped it off with a cotton bud. I personally think the look needs more of a contour or more colour of her cheeks because I think her face looks a bit flat. I did mention this to my partner, but she liked it how it was. I think I need to practice getting the outline of the red lip even and sharp because they look a bit wonky in these images. My partner said that she thought the red jewels looked too big, which I agree with, so she will look into getting some smaller ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment